One of the Girls

One of the Girls

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another lesson from Lauren

When I started this blog I wasn't entirely sure what direction it would take me. The last two posts have contained conversations between myself and my child. I always think of that stupid tv show that was on several years ago "Kids Say the Darndest Things" with Bill Cosby as the host. As of this morning I've realized that the purpose of this blog will be to share the conversations I have with my child on a daily basis because kids certainly do say the darndest things...

This moring I saw a hummingbird perched on my hanging flower basket just resting. I picked Lauren up and pointed it out. We talked about how tiny and cute he was. And then...

L: Do they eat flowers?

M: Well, no, not really, they like to get the nectar out of the flowers...kind of like bees do...see that feeder hanging there? That has nectar in it that Mama puts out for the hummingbirds, but they also like to drink it from the flowers.

L: (thinking) What do foxes eat?

M: Ummm...(wondering how the conversation switched gears so quickly and trying to catch up) I'm not sure...uh...maybe...chicken?

L: (thinking) Cheetos?

M: (thinking she said cheetahs) Cheetahs? What do cheetahs eat?

L: No. Cheetos.

M: Cheetos? Foxes eat cheetos?

L: Yes.

M: Oh...ok...

L: And elephants eat blueberries.

M: Elephants eat blueberries?

L: Horses. Horses eat grass.

M: Yes they do.

L: You know what eats leaves? (and mimics holding leaves and chewing them)

M: What eats leaves?

L: Um...um...CATERPILLARS!!!! (very proud of herself)

M: That's right!

L: What does the sun eat?

M: The sun? Uh...I don't know...

L: I think roses. Like Dorothy the Dinosaur.

1 comment:

wg2 said...

Elephants eat blueberries...and lots of 'em!

I love the direction this blog is going...I believe Lauren will love it too!