One of the Girls

One of the Girls

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Boys are all the same...

I say to my friends and to myself all the time how THANKFUL I am that I have a little girl. I hear stories (some horrific, some hilarious) about the antics my friends' sons are up to. Whew! Everytime I hear a story I think, "HOLY COW! MY CHILD WOULDN'T DREAM OF DOING THAT!"

And then...

...I got a little boy dog. His name is Finnegan.

Finnegan may be a dog. But he is A BOY. He's clumsy and spontaneous. He chews on metal and brick. He chases birds relentlessly and honestly believes he's going to catch one if he just runs a little faster next time. He jumps fearlessly from one of piece of furniture to another. Sometimes he makes it, lots of times he doesn't. He falls down between couch cushions, he falls off tables. He's CONSTANTLY knocking stuff over with his POUNCING nature.



I hear stories all the time about my friends' sons that are climbers. Thankfully Lauren was NEVER a climber, so it was never an issue. Again, I think, "WOW, Lauren would NEVER do that..."



But now...I've got my own boy. And canine or human, boys are all the same.


And yes, that's my dining room table.



2 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

hahahahahaha, i laugh maliciously that you now feel a portion of my pain. but how is it that my puppy does all that and she's a girl. Cant i ever catch a break?

Marion said...

That is such a typical Yorkie Boy! Bear would be on the table if he could figure out how to get up there. His new thing is breaking into the pantry for treats.