One of the Girls

One of the Girls

Friday, March 5, 2010

Lauren Talks About Planets

This morning, Lauren was having her breakfast and watching her favorite shows (on PBS). I walked in the room to check on her breakfast status (it IS a school morning!) and had the following conversation.

L: Mom! Guess what? I know a planet!

M: You do?! Which one?

L: MARS!

M: That's right! Mars is a planet.

L: What's it like?

M: *thinking back quickly to 4th grade science project* Well, it's really cold there.

L: Yeah, I think it has snow there. I've seen it on one of Daddy's games.

M: Hmmm...ok...

L: Did you know there something strange about our planet Earth?

M: No. What is strange about our planet?

L: It only has ONE MOON! And in outer space there are lots of moons.

M: That's right! What else do you know about space?

L: That's some scary stuff out there...scary stuff like CATS!

That's my girl.

No comments: