One of the Girls

One of the Girls

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Lesson on Pollen

Lauren has been happily playing in the playroom all morning while I've been working on the computer (managing blogs and Etsy shops can be quite time-consuming!). I can typically expect visits from Lauren every 30 minutes or so. Just checking in, or requesting a drink, showing me a piece of art, asking me a question, etc. Sometimes I feel like her visits are just attempts to scramble my brain and keep me on my toes.

Enter Lauren.

L: Mom? Is pollen a berry?

M: Ummmm...no...not really, it's uh... (frantically wanting to look up P-O-L-L-E-N on the internet so I can have a definitive answer)

L: Well, pollen can be a musical instrument.

M: A what? (commence rapid blinking and confused look)

L: A guitar has flowers on it.

M: *more blinking* OK... (I swear I really am trying to keep up with this thought process)

L: ...and well the flowers kinda smell like pollen...

M: *silence* (I got nothin')

L: Pollen can get you sick if you smell too much of it.

M: Yes, I suppose that's true...

L: BYE!

Exit Lauren.

Success. Brain scrambled.

No comments: